Monday, March 1, 2010

I Got Dem February Blues...

Current Reading: The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein

Inspirational Quote: "Winter is nature's way of saying 'Up yours.'" -- Robert Byrne.

I have learned the following things this week:

I hate being sick. (Yeah, I didn't say I was learning new knowledge).

A set of two lovers is a "couple." A set of two shoes is a "pair." A set of two teenage boys is an "argument."

If you're going to drive to Niagara Falls Canada, only to have it snow so much that you can't drive anywhere else, then this place is a pretty good spot to be snowed in.

I earnestly hope that someday I am half the man that my children wish I were.

There exist in this universe banana chocolate-chip muffins which I do not like. This seems like a violation of the fundamental laws of creation, but sometimes facts are like that.

I just found out yesterday that some relatives of mine and their children were traveling in Chile when the earthquake hit. There has been no news.

It would have been nice to have spent some of my sick days curled up in bed with a good book, but I haven't been able to string together two coherent thoughts or maintain concentration longer than is normally required to fall asleep. This post, fractured, disjointed and without focus as it is, is the most coherent thing to come out of my head in days. I think I shall go make note of this on my calendar.

No comments: