Monday, October 20, 2008

I Can't Think of Anything to Write


(From icanhazcheezburger.com... stolen shamelessly.)

Current Reading: Sad Cypress, by Agatha Christie

Inspirational Quote: "Lower your standards and keep writing." -- William Stafford

On my desk's a bust of Shakespeare
And what's he doing there?
Staring at my work in progress,
And howling his despair.

"You call this claptrap writing?
Where's the poetry, the wit?
Your plot is trite and boring,
Your protagonist's a twit."

"Oh Bill," I cry, "I'm trying,
But the right words just won't come.
My climax's just pitiful,
My antagonist is dumb."

"Oh, fie upon thee," Willy said,
"'Tis well for you to quit."
Then I threw his head in the trash,
'Cause I don't need his sh*t.

(Note: I'm not suffering writer's block. I have, though, and this was funny, so I had to put it up now before I lost it).

No comments: