Sunday, December 5, 2010

Argh.

Penelope's uncle passed away, and was buried on Saturday. She's taking it hard.
Aeneas has been suspended from school for three days for missing classes.
One of my two cats has just undergone acute kidney failure. We're attempting last ditch treatment, but we'll likely be putting him down before the end of the week.

I wish I had something more... interesting to say, but at the moment it's taking all my concentration not to go fetal and stay that way until the meteor arrives.

I hope you've had a better week.

6 comments:

Steve MC said...

Really sorry to hear that. I wish I could say something wise and comforting, but all I can think to say is that really sucks.

Ulysses said...

It does. I am aware, of course, that there are people in the world who would read this post from their crowded, disease-ridden slums or tiny between-torture cells, and wish they had my problems.

Makes me feel small.

On the up side, I bet I could write a bad country song from it...

slcard said...

Please give my sympathy to your wife. I'm very sorry for her loss.

If you need a second opinion or any advice regarding the kidney failure, please don't hesitate to write us.

Ulysses said...

Thanks, Sara. They think he got into something, and bam... acute onset renal failure.

We'll be saying goodbye today. Also, meeting between the school, parents and sullen teenager.

slcard said...

I'm very sorry, my friend.

Ulysses said...

As Charlie Brown once said, "Into every life, a little rain must fall."