Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Well, This Is Awesome


Most readers are familiar with my fondness for Terry Pratchett's work. The man combines outrageous humor with tight plotting and a humanistic outlook to create some of the most entertaining and thought-provoking work I've ever read. Video adaptations of his work have been, in my opinion, inferior affairs mostly because you cannot take everything that makes the books amazing and transfer it to a screen (what's the video equivalent of a footnote?). However, they've been pretty darned enjoyable.

And now, this! Terry Pratchett's world and characters in a series scripted by a Monty Python alumnus. It is possible to get better than that, but only by coating the whole thing in Belgian chocolate.

I am pretty excited, although I guess I'd better get working on earning my British citizenship if I want to see it. I can only hope that at some point it makes its way across the pond.

2 comments:

Steve MC said...

I'm proud to say I am now the owner of my first Terry Pratchett book. Yep, I took your recommendation and got Mort.

As my word verification so perfectly states, wompti!

Ulysses said...

Yeeesss... Wompti indeed...

I hope you enjoy Mort. It's not perfect, but it's got Death... and really, there's no way a sentence that starts like that could possibly come to an end that makes sense.