Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2011 - The Year In Review



Current Reading: The Fellowship of the Ring, by a stodgy old English professor.


Inspirational Quote: "Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go." -- Brooks Atkinson


It's my custom to run down a few high- and low-lights of the passed year, but this year my heart isn't in it. 2011 was the worst year in my memory, and although it had its share of good times, there are large parts of it that I would be happy to forget if I could. The best I can say is that if 2012 is no better, then I'm quitting everything and going to India to become a Buddhist monk.


That said, there are a few things I'd like to mention:


Music: Coldplay and Sarah Mclachlan put out new albums, both of which I enjoyed immensely. I also got quite a kick out of Ash Koley.


Television: Doctor Who and the Big Bang Theory were entertaining enough to drag me to the television once in a while.


Movies: Thor was good, as was Source Code and Limitless, but there really wasn't anything that caused me to walk out of the theater looking for someone to tell about it.


Games: If you've ever played D&D, or another fantasy role-playing game, but never played the card game Munchkin, then remedy that immediately. Go. I'll wait. Back yet? Then check out Lord of the Rings Online. More on it anon.


My resolution for this year is the same as for last year. You've got to give me points for consistency.


May your worst be behind you and your best yet to come.

2 comments:

Steve MC said...

How did I not hear about the new Sarah Mclachlan? Must remedy that now.

And a great year to you, too.

Ulysses said...

The album is "Laws of Illusion." Wikipedia says that it was actually released in 2010.

So, uh... my bad.

This site needs a fact checker 8(