Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tidbits

Current Reading: Work-related documentation. Sigh.

Inspirational Quote: "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it" -- Robert Frost

I see Ann and Victoria have survived another legal challenge to their work, and come out laughing. That's always good news.

I have this to say about the Google Books settlement: No. Also: Hell no. Authors should get paid for their work so long as they or their heirs can collect. The digital age has created an environment where a book can still be available (in print) even though no printed copies of it are currenly available.

I've almost completed another draft of the Magnus Somnium. Yay me. I think, when I've finished, I'm going to buy myself a new desk chair. This one sucks.

And now, Ithaka reviewed by two true professionals...

3 comments:

slcard said...

This must be the fourth time I've clicked over and I still can't get the video clip to come up, and I just know it's the old men. I protest.

Good work on the redraft, by the way. Fast. But don't you think a new chair would ruin your image as the struggling artist?

And I hope you appreciate that I am giving you the last word below.

Ulysses said...

Yep, it's Statler and Waldorf. You may need to go over to youtube, search on "Mmph" and choose the first one that comes up.

I'm less worried about the new chair ruining my image as a struggling artist than the old one ruining my back.

I get the last word? One of the privileges of age.

Ha!

slcard said...

Oh sir, that is just wicked!