Thursday, May 6, 2010

Because I Don't Have Enough Pictures/Videos/Sound Clips

Like many would-be novelists, I've found a lot of ideas germinating when I'm listening to music. The images and feelings inspired by various tunes help the mind bring in and make connections between different thoughts that may be stirred up by a particular melody or lyric.

My musical tastes are not broad, I'm afraid. I'm not the one to help you expand your audio horizons. However, I will point out this, by the Goo-Goo Dolls. I enjoy their music, although I've given up trying to make sense of their lyrics ("Why don't you slide?"... umm, because I left my toboggan at home) , and the particularly tired and melancholy tone of this appeals to me today.

I hope you enjoy it, and if it sparks a story, I shall be tremendously pleased.

No comments: